From the collection of Jessica H. Jaeger
The Inside Story of a Sears Made-to-Order Suit
Into Every Sears Suit Skilled Craftsmen Build These
12 GREAT FEATURES
With Fine Needlework
1. LAPELS … Hundreds of stitches are worked in to give the lapels their smooth and even roll.
2. EDGE STAY … Carefully pre-shrunk. Gives coat edge an even, smooth appearance, prevents sagging.
3. HAIR CLOTH STAY …Fastened above the edge of hair cloth. Prevents hair from working through lapels.
4. HAIRVAS HAIR CLOTH … Pre-shrunk. This gives our coats shape-retainig quality.
5. BUTTON STAY … Buttons are securely fastened to this stay by hand with linen thread.
6. LINEN CANVAS … Pre-shrunk; molded to conform to the lines of your body. That’s why our coats set so well.
7. COLLAR … Reinforced with a well-shaped undercollar containig hundreds of hidden stitches.
8. SHOULDER PAD … Place to give the shoulder of our coats that even, natural and well-tailored appearance.
9. FELT ARMHOLE PAD … Gives our coats a foundation around the arm-hole and prevents breaking.
10. POCKET STAY … Holds pocket permanently in place and prevents it from sagging or pulling.
11. SEAMS … All seams neatly trimmed, evenly sewed and carefully tested. Expert workmanship in every one.
12. POCKETS … All pockets are of good quality material and are especially reinforced.
You Select Every Style Detail of Your Sears Made-to-Order Suit
DOUBLE BREASTED, SINGLE BREASTED
Every style is smart, up-to-date, and created by leading designers. you are free to make any changes you want in the style you choose. If you like the double breasted front of the Salisbury but prefer the sports back of the Stratford, order your suit that way. State coat front number.
PLAIN BACK, SPORTS BACK
Regardless of coat front you order, you may have any back in this book on your Made-to-Order suit. All backs fit smoothly across shoulder and through waist and hips. Sports backs are modern in every detail, designed for freedom and comfort. State coat front number as well as back.
REGULAR SLEEVES, WITH CUFFS
All the models shown in this book have regular plain sleeves with 3 or 4 buttons. Many style leaders prefer their sleeves tailored with cuffs. If you want cuffs mention it in order. Cuffs are neat—-1¼ in. wide with 4 buttons. Be sure and state coat front number. There is no extra charge for this special service.
FLAPPED POCKET, PATCH POCKET, PIPED POCKET
If you don’t like the pockets on the style you select for your Made-to-Order suit, tell us what you do want, and we will put them on your coat; flapped pocket; patch pocket with or without flap, with or without inverted pleat; or piped pocket. always states coat front number.
No matter how conservative or extreme your taste, the trousers of your Made-to-Order suit will surely satisfy. We will make anything from the conventional 1-button waistband model to a youthful high-style model with full pleats, high waist, extension waistband, adjustable side straps, full knee tapering to narrow cuffs, etc. And your trousers will fit perfectly. Trouser details on Page 15.
CUFFLESS, NARROW, WIDE
The bottom of your Made-to-Order trousers will be tailored exactly to meet your personal preference. Wide or narrow bottoms, with or without cuff. Our regular wide bottoms are 20 to 21-inch—-even wider if you want. Our narrow 18½ to 20-inch bottoms are used on conservative suits; also on the more stylish models with a smart taper from a full knee. for trouser style details see page 15.